MONTAGUE MICRO-ENTERPRISE COVID RECOVERY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT
The Town of Montague is participating in a 23 town Microenterprise Assistance Program (Covid RMAP) administered by the City of Greenfield who is partnering with the Franklin County CDC to implement. The program opens Thursday, October 1, 2020 with applications due by 5pm on Thursday, October 15, 2020 for the first round of funding. Microenterprise Assistance forgivable loans of up to $10,000 are available to businesses to help cover documented business losses due to the COVID-19 economic shut down that are not covered by other funding programs. The region was awarded $600,000 for loans through the federal CARES Act and the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG).
The town encourages eligible Montague businesses to review the program guidelines and apply if eligible. Businesses that have already received a Microenterprise grant from an earlier round may be eligible for an additional grant of up to $5,000.
We know there is significant need in the community, and while this program will not be able to fund all of the need, it will connect business owners to technical assistance and also provide us with documented need for future funding possibilities.
“The FCCDC is available to assist business owners strategize how to sustain their business and learn about programs like this Micro Assistance Program” says Amy Shapiro, Business Development Director, FCCDC,
There will be 2 week application cycles until funds are depleted.
Minimum eligibility includes:
• Microenterprise businesses with 5 or fewer employees (including the owner)(at time of application)
• Business owner’s household income is less than 80% HUD median income adjusted by household size (either using 2019 taxes or last 8 weeks of income)
• Business must be a for-profit business with a physical presence in Franklin County. (Excluded towns are Ashfield, Monroe and Rowe)
• Businesses must provide goods or services to multiple clients or customers.
• Businesses must be in good standing with the state and city/town.
• Business must have been established prior to 1/1/2019 and currently be in operation to the extent allowable under Re- Opening Massachusetts requirements or be actively planning to reopen.
• Businesses must have annual sales of greater than $20,000/year.
Two online information sessions for interested businesses are scheduled for: Thursday, October 1, at noon; and Wednesday, October 7, at noon. Log-in information, application, FAQ, and forms will be on the Franklin County CDC website page. https://www.fccdc.org/covid-recovery-micro-enterprise-assistance-program/
The application’s documentation requirements will include 2019 personal and business taxes, monthly profit-and-loss statements for 2020, family income form and other information that details the COVID loss.
For more information contact Amy Shapiro, Business Development Director for the Franklin County CDC who is the primary contact for businesses with questions or who need assistance with applications. Contact email@example.com. Translation services can be arranged if needed.
The Town of Montague recognizes the substantial impact of federal and state measures to reduce the spread of the Novel 2019 Coronavirus. Following is a list of known and available resources for individuals and businesses. The Town will add to this list as resources are identified.
MONTAGUE MICROENTERPRISE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Regional, State, and Federal Initatives
Commonwealth of Massachusetts CIVID-19 Update Page
Small Business Administration Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses, Private Non-profits, Homeowners and Renters
Business and Non-Profit Loan Programs
Running a Food Business RESOURCE GUIDE
Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporationc Small Business and Non-Profit Emergency Loan Program
Eversource Billing Change to Reduce Economic Hardship